Thursday, October 13, 2011

Oh, the Place's You'll Go! - Day 13 of 31 Days of Blogging


I got my passport in 2002 because I wanted to be on Survivor. As one of the requirements of being selected you had to have a passport in hand.  I even sent in a lame audition tape that I made myself. And no I don't have a copy of it to post .... thank God. I was not selected. I never even heard back from them. I'm pretty sure it was because I wasn't weird enough. Or hot enough. Or manipulating enough. I'm good with that.

What I am not good with is the fact that I had that dang passport for ten years and never got one stamp in it. I understand that now most countries don't even actually stamp them unless you request it. Oh, I would be requesting it.

So for ten years it sat in a drawer ... waiting ... to expire.

I renewed it a couple of months ago. $110. I don't have any trips planned but I like the hopefulness of knowing that if I wanted to, I could be on a plane to somewhere wild and amazing at the drop of a hat. Just in case Survivor pulls my long lost audition tape out of a pile of studio rubble somewhere and someone says, "My God, how did we overlook this. We have to have her on our next show!" I'm ready.

Of course now I would have to politely decline. I'm over Survivor.

But I do like Italian food if anyone is going that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)