Saturday, October 29, 2011

Noted - Day 29 of 31 Days of Blogging






This is what the dash of my car looks like most of the time. If it's not on a sticky note, it doesn't happen. I pretty much have to capture the thought so I can transfer it to my calendar or to do list or it just flies away.

Of course I have no idea how fast I'm going or how much gas I have, but I know what I need to do.

I have a lot of lists. Work lists, home lists, grocery lists, long term things to do lists. Once it's on a note, I don't have to worry about it until I'm ready to act on it. My phone is full of lists too ... about 50 of them. Sometimes I combine my lists to neaten things up. It also makes it very satisfying to mark things off.



I need to have a winter list already but I'm behind. I should start it now. It needs to include:


  • Pull up the rest of the garden plants and burn them 
  • Prune back the dead mums and compost them
  • Clean up the yard
  • Order a load of top soil 
  • Clean out the flower bed
  • Fill the bird feeders
  • Clean out the humming bird feeders  
  • Finish staining the house
  • Clean up all of the staining stuff
  • Clean out the garage
  • Take the weird non-recyclables to the dump


See how easy it is to get a list going.


Soon it will be time to start making a spring list too.

Then there are book lists. I have several of those. My paranormal library list, books to read list, Dawn's books to search for list, books I've read list, books for Bryon to read list. It really never ends. There's a list for every topic.

 If you like making lists, capturing and organizing information as much as I do, then you might dig Evernote . You can get it on your iPhone and your computer and it syncs up. It's awesome.


Of course none of THESE things in these pictures are in Evernote. I need lots of different ways to collect and organize. One size definitely does not fit all.

I'll bet Art Fry had lots of things floating around in his head too because he's credited with inventing the Post-it_note . Boy am I glad. Otherwise, my life would be a big mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)