Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Wrinkle in Time

I just finished "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Enlge. I had never read it before. I don't know how I missed it but I really enjoyed it. I found it much along the lines of "The Chronicles of Narnia" with the mysterious creatures and biblical references.

I think I never really knew what it was all about and it was always on one of those "must read" lists which I generally avoid at all costs. I just can't stand to read things when some tells me I HAVE to. My stubborn streak I guess. I have to say I really missed out though. This book would have meant a lot to me during those awkward preteen years. (Of course some might thing I'm still awkward :)

This this the first of a quintet of books. I do love a series so I'll probably try to read the rest in between book club books etc. This book seemed pretty contemporary and timeless even though it was written in 1962.

I guess I'd have to agree with the "experts" on this one and would definitely recommend it to preteen boys and girls especially. Great heroes and heroines in this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)