Tuesday, June 30, 2009
True End of TV Drought
I ended my tv drought this past weekend with at a 12 hour marathon of TrueBlood. It was AWESOME!
I made it 40 days without watching television - at all. Okay, there was that ONE night when we had tornados in the area and I just really need Ron Hearst and Brandon Beck to tell me what to expect when the Big T's are rolling around the countryside.
So what did I learn from 40 days without television?
1. That I could NOT watch it if I really wanted to.
2. That there is a lot of CRAP on television and silence (as if our house ever is) or at least music is preferrable to CRAP.
3. That life lasts longer, or seems to, when it's not divided up into 30 minute intervals with commercial breaks.
4. That I still can't read anymore than I usually get read because clothes still need washed, supper still needs made and Grace still needs a bath.
5. That I still like my shows and find them relaxing to watch.
So was it worth hit? Yeah I think so. Sort of like teaching high school, riding the Katy Trail and childbirth...been there, done that and didn't buy but one t-shirt. I can mark it off the list....