Sunday, June 14, 2009

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie



Bryon wanted a strawberry rhubarb pie for his birthday which was last weekend. I bought some rhubarb Friday night at the Marshfield Farmers Market and used some of the frozen strawberries I'd bought a couple of weeks ago and made this pie for him today.

I Googled for a recipe and this was the first one that came up http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/001137strawberry_rhubarb_pie.php .

He liked it. I didn't know what it was SUPPOSED to taste like because of course I'd never tried it. I ate a piece tonight though and I have to admit it was pretty good. It didn't really thicken up enough (guess it needed more tapioca) but still not bad for a first try.

And yes, that's a smiley face on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)