Monday, June 8, 2009

Going, going, gone!


I've been on a cleaning and purging frenzy lately. I finally went through my closet and got rid of two giant lawn sized trash bags full of clothes. I took them to the Community Thrift Closet in Marshfield. They were happy to take them and I was happy to have them gone. My closet is STILL too full but it's better.

I tried to be relentless but there are still a few things I keep thinking, I MIGHT wear. I won't. I just need to let it go. I read somewhere about the idea of turning the hanger around backwards when you hang something up that you wear, then you can see what you do and don't wear and purge at the end of each season. I think I'll try that.

I finally got rid of all the blood drive and race t-shirts I've accumulated over the past nine years too. I still have the memory, I don't need the shirt. I think I'll start collecting coffee mugs instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)