Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Men, stop reading now or you'll only regret it. It's about menstruation. Really, you want to stop. Your eyes might burn out.

The two or three days leading up to my monthly visitor are not good. I usually have about a two day headache, I'm a bitch and I eat EVERYTHING black or chocolate within site. I MUST make brownies or cookies or some sugary, chocolate elixir or things will go badly wrong. Bryon can attest to this. This week I tried to make No Bake Cookies once again. I am sorely inept at making No Bake Cookies. Once again, I searched for a recipe online, bought new oats (thinking the problem was old, moisture ridden oats) and tried again. I followed that recipe with scientific precision and boiled the mixture for EXACTLY 1 minute. A goopy mess on waxed paper followed. I let them sit overnight, covered with cling wrap so the cat wouldn't lick them (which I KNOW she does!) and checked them in the morning. Still not setup. Oh, I ATE them, they were just sticky and gooey and ... well pretty good actually, but definitely not right. I justified eating them despite my now 5 POUND weight gain because it's that time of the month.

I just eat constantly during my period or when I have a headache thinking that one more thing will make it go away. Nope. Still a headache.

Monday night was going to get cold so we covered up the garden and flowers with various sundry modes of coverings; buckets, sheets, old garden pots etc. Then Tuesday realized that three of the squashes got broken and clobbered in the ordeal. Might as well have just let them freeze. I was pretty pissy. Bryon said I could just replant them but I didn't want to hear it. Menstrual and all.

Yesterday I "worked from home". Yeah, you know how that goes. I put some chicken into the crock pot and went to work on the computer and an hour and a half later went into the kitchen and realized I hadn't plugged the damn thing in. Whatever. I plugged it in and cooked it. I told Bryon when he got home and he refused to eat it. Probably a good choice considering but I was pissy again. We had spaghettios from a can, tuna salad and leftover mac and cheese.

Today still on my eat EVERYTHING kick I have had a 7 point breakfast, #3 at McDonalds AND a KING SIZE Reeces Cup PLUS 4 Hershey's kisses. I'm out of control. I've had 40 points today and dinner is coming up soon. No, I probably won't skip dinner.

We are leaving tomorrow morning to go to St. Louis for a few days for a family trip. We are planning to go to the zoo, The Magic House and Purina Farms etc. Of course Grace woke up in the night with a fever, so this morning I took her to the doctor. Luckily it's just a cold and the doctor said we could call if she got worse and needed some medicine they would call it into Walgreen's or somewhere in St. Louis. The last time we went she woke up with pinkeye the day we were leaving.

Okay, enough ranting and raving I suppose. The chickens and the cat are going to be fending for themselves for a few days. Thankfully, not together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)