Monday, May 25, 2009

Turtle Time


Grace found this turtle while Daddy was mowing the lawn. It's the second time she's found this particular turtle. We recognize it because it has a healed over crack on it's shell. I suggested she take it up to her fort to play with it so Ruger wouldn't eat it. She used her toys to barricade the slide and the doors so it wouldn't bail off.

I let it go after she was in bed and Ruger was put up and this morning it was right outside where I had left it. She found it for a third time this morning. It was fine. I guess it just didn't want too venture far in the dark.

She put it in a bucket for a few hours and tried feeding it some of our lettuce and finally she and Daddy drove down the lane and let it go again.


I doubt we find it a fourth time, but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)