Monday, January 23, 2012

The Drawer From Hell


You probably have one too. This is my drawer from hell.

This is where I stuff all the papers I think I should keep but don't know what to do with. Random receipts included. Receipts for things that cost a lot or come accompanied with a warranty or manual get a little better treatment. They get stapled to said warranty or manual and filed in a box.

This drawer is not a good system, because NOW the drawer is FULL. Now I have to do something with all this crap. You can imagine how fun it is to sort through all of that junk.

I do not look forward to this occasion.

Usually, I get the shredder and the drawer and plop down in front of the television and spend a couple of hours sorting through things. I'm tempted to just shove it all into a bigger box and stuff it in the closet. But like everything else in life, if you do that it will eventually catch up with you, and you'll have to deal with it anyway. There are no free rides. Everything has a price.

Most of the time when I have something I don't want to do, it only makes it worse to put it off. More time to worry or fuss about it. More time to stew on it. If only I'd just do it, then it would be over. Ripped off fast like a Bandaid on a hairy arm. I especially find this is true with work. When I have a call I don't want to make or a face-to-face meeting I don't want to follow through on, it's almost always better to just do it and and be done with it. Rarely is it as bad as I thought it would be. And boy does it feel good when it's behind me.

In general, I don't like to let things pile up ... like the drawer.

Or like Grace's desk ... or her bathroom sink. These two places drive me absolutely nuts.



A person can only stand so much clutter in their lives. I guess Grace is still going to have to learn that lesson.

I sure hope it's soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)