Friday, February 17, 2012

Online Alzheimer's



All characters appearing in this work are not fictitious. 
Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is no coincidence. 


Sometimes I feel like I have online Alzheimer's. These days between Facebook and blogging, tweeting and meeting people in real life, I forget who I've told what. Just another reason I make a terrible liar. I never know who has read my blog and who hasn't. So I'm pretty sure I'm repeating myself more times than not.

I suppose my friends think I've morphed into one of those annoying long married spouses who just keep retelling the same dozen glory days stories over and over. If they were good the first six dozen times around, they are good enough to retell again.

Stop me if you've heard this one:

Phone rings. Conversation with my Mom progresses. 

Mom: Brenda {her sister} called me to ask if I had seen the article in the paper about the symptoms of Alzheimer's.
Me: Yeah, was that in Bolivar paper?
Mom: Yes, I read through them. I had all of them except two!
Me: Which two?
Mom: I don't remember.

See, it's hereditary. I have become my mother.

That's not a bad thing. I'm just saying: Apple ... Tree.

I've mentioned before that I'm not a good oral storyteller. I need the time and luxury of seeing and then massaging the words until they make the most sense. When I try to tell a story out loud, it basically comes out like something closer to a seven year old's knock knock joke. All the elements might be there, but they get them jumbled up and in they end make no sense. The punch line is ruined.

One thing I do know is that I can't keep anything inside. Especially if it's funny to me. So if you do something ridiculous or funny in my presence, you have a good chance of making the blog. Especially now that we are halfway through month two. Today was especially tough to come up with something as you can probably tell by this struggling post. Today would be your rock.

Also, just so we are clear, by being my friend or family you are agreeing by proxy to an implied contract that all actions, words or odd quirks you may have, can and will be exploited as blog fodder. 

You have been warned.

Thanks Mom ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)