Monday, February 20, 2012

Girl Scout Cookies: Thin Mint Ecstasy


Oh thank God it's time for Girl Scout cookies again. I'm not even going to tell you how many boxes I buy each year, but I would suspect it's above average.

Those Thin Mints are like cookie crack. I'm hopelessly hooked on them.

One year I brought home several boxes and tried to eat just three or four cookies at a time. I asked Bryon if it would be bad if I just ate the entire sleeve. He said, "You're going to eat them eventually anyway, right?"

Why yes. Yes, I am. I like that logic.

I ate the entire sleeve. Yesterday, I may or may not have eaten an entire box. I'm telling you, it's a good thing they aren't available year round. It's also a good thing Grace is not a Girl Scout. If I had cases of those things at my disposal. Well, let's just say things would not end well for anyone.

I ate 1,280 calories worth of Thin Mint cookies yesterday. I only walked 5,526 steps which burned 220 calories. I'd have to walk 5X that (the equivalent of a half marathon) to burn those cookie calories off. Dear God. Why? Why did you make them so delicious?

Do I regret it? Yes. And No. All I can say is I'm glad I never liked smoking, drugs or alcohol as much as those Thin Mint cookies. I might have ended up as a poster child on one of those flyers you see at the courthouse for why you shouldn't do meth.

I know I should just say no, but ... I probably won't.

Especially since I have four more boxes coming from my dealer at church next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)