Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Home to Roost

Well all my chicks are back under the same roof again. Bryon and Grace got home about 5:30 last night and had lots of stories to share about their trip. Sounds like they had a good time. Grace was TIRED and a little cranky but no worse for the wear. She was a little sassy at first, I could tell she'd spent the weekend with older girls, ha! Thankfully, I think that most of it has already worn off with a good night's rest. She didn't want to get up this morning for Daddy so I let her sleep a little longer. I think she was excited to get back to school to see her friends. We are going to skip gymnastics tonight so she can catch up on her rest a bit. Bryon said she probably jumped on the Corder's trampoline for six hours during the trip so I think that should do it for this week!

I've really got it bad to go out West. Bryon mentioned planning a trip with Kelly before he left and it turned on my travel trigger again. I'm not sure how we are going to get daycare for Grace worked out since Mom has to work but hopefully we can work something else. If not, I'm just going to take her. We'll have to figure it out because I'm ready to GO! I feel like if I don't get out there soon, I'll NEVER make it out there again. We had been out west 8 years in a row before she was born. A lot of the things I used to do have sort of fallen by the wayside or changed but I miss those mountains a lot.

Now of course I also have to pay someone to check on the chickens while we are gone. I'm hopeful Austin Huggler will help with that. Now to figure out a week to go and start planning! Bryon wants to fish the Snake River and camp in the Tetons. Kelly wants to go to the fabled fourth meadow of the Slough Creek in Yellowstone. We've never gone that far. I'm not even sure I can. Third meadow was 9 miles. I've been a slug too long for that I'm afraid. Hmmm. More to come on that adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)