Friday, April 8, 2011

Euphoric Recall




My friend Anne turned me on to the phrase "euphoric recall" about ten years ago.

Basically, euphoric recall is when someone remembers all of the good things about a particular time and not the bad.

This happens a lot actually.

One night this week, Grace was mad at me because she was not getting her way. We've been butting heads a lot lately.

As we were walking down the stairs, she looked up at the painting on the wall my former mother-in-law had done for us from a photograph. I love the painting. I told her she made me look better than I really do. More Andy Worhol than Botticelli (you know... he painted the chubby girls).

Anyway, as we were walking down the stairs Grace said, "When I was little, and you were nice.. You looked like that" pointing to the painting

Now if THAT isn't euphoric recall, I don't know what is.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)