Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Burn Baby Burn


Okay so prime example of how hard it is to change old habits. Here I am thinking I'm getting all green and environmentally conscious and all and I start thinking about that burn barrel. Which is more environmentally friendly burning or dumping in the landfill? Well it looks like the landfill is the answer. I did some surfing and found out that home burning releases up to 10,000 times more dioxin than the municipal waste combuster (MWC)at a landfill because home burn barrels usually only reach a maximum of 500 degrees. So I tried to find out if our landfill has a MWC. I don't think it does. They collect and use methane gas created by all that garbage to convert to electricity for use in the city. So now what's the answer? Every step has a domino efffect. One thing leads to another and another and another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)